kishawhite

Progress: 60 %
The Duke's Match Girl - A Fiery Tale Novella
Lila DiPasqua
Progress: 20 %

Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)

Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style) - Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney If you are a fan of Tim Gunn, crisp grammar, fashion, and excellent vocabulary, then this book is for you. This is not a style guide that you can just breeze through, and memorize the pretty pictures. First off, there are no pictures but just a few illustrations. Secondly, Tim Gunn takes his business very seriously so his writing is dense. For the most part, I had to have a pocket dictionary beside me when reading this book. I felt smarter after reading this book if not also better equipped to dress better (and appropriately).

Don't get me wrong, this is not a text book or a dull self-righetous tome. Tim has your best interest at heart, and forces you to look inward in order to develop a better outward. Imagine if you had a therapist who was also your stylist! Tim is also very funny. His anecodotes keep the book from being too heavy.

I highly suggest that you buy this book, so you can underline or highlight the vocabulary words and relevant sections. (As a librarian, I'm always urging people to borrow from the library.)