kishawhite

Progress: 60 %
The Duke's Match Girl - A Fiery Tale Novella
Lila DiPasqua
Progress: 20 %

The Mighty Quinns: Brody (Harlequin Blaze)

The Mighty Quinns: Brody (Harlequin Blaze) - Kate Hoffmann Payton is a socialite on the run from her fiance and seemingly empty life in the outbreaks of Australia. Brody is an ex-footballer (Aussie rules) nursing an career ending injury at his family's herding station. Unfortunate nights for both Payton and Brody lead them to a night in the pokey, and that is where the sparks begin to fly.

Brody, desperate to get over his ex and out of his pity bag, bails Payton out of jail and brings her home with him to work the ranch. Throwing caution to wind, Payton agrees and finds joy and satisfaction doing a good day's work and falling into the muscular arms of Brody. The two lovers keep their secrets, and live only for the moment until their hearts become involved.

You'll enjoy Payton and Brody's steamy encounters, and enjoy Ms. Hoffmann's ability to transport us to Australia. Although the book gets a long-winded near the end (about 15-20 pages could have been trimmed), I stay hooked as I wondered what the future held for the heroes. I was disappointed by the inclusion of a two subplots and secondary characters, because it felt like they were shoehorned in to set the reader up for the spin-offs.