kishawhite

Progress: 60 %
The Duke's Match Girl - A Fiery Tale Novella
Lila DiPasqua
Progress: 20 %

How To Mend A Broken Heart (Harlequin Medical Romance #553 Larger Print)

How to Mend a Broken Heart - Amy Andrews Most of my friends and colleagues know of the struggles I had with conceiving and/or having a viable pregnancy in my late 20s and 30s. Only a few know how devastating it was on myself, my husband and our marriage. To say that my first miscarriage had the destructive force of a hurricane is no hyperbole. It took me a lot longer to read Amy Andrew's How to Mend a Broken Heart because it brought back some of those hard feelings and situations. The book, of course, is a little bit more neat and tidy than real life. Also, in the book, the child lost was 18-months-old not 12 weeks in utero or still born at 22 weeks. But a loss of a child hurts no matter how old. It's the death of dreams, futures, and what might bes. The aftermath is guilt, hatred, and no escape from pain. I think How to Mend A Broken Heart did a good job of describing that but infusing hope and love into a situation where one imagines the grieving will never end. I never really read a somber romance novel that had a happy ending before. It wasn't sappy. Also, it was nice to have a hero and heroine who were my age contemporaries. :-)